You already know that Tech Guru fills the role of “technology” on your accountability chart. New for 2013, you will experience a more productive business technology planning meeting with your Tech Guru Virtual CIO (Chief Information Officer). We have had much success implementing the Entrepreneurial Operating System within our organization, and we’ve decided to share it with our clients. Based on the Level 10 meeting from Gino Wickman’s Traction, our Technology Planning meetings with help you gain “traction” in the technology part of your business.
The new format for your technology planning is:
- Segue: Update us on the latest in business & personal including recent wins and upcoming initiatiaves.
- Rock Review: On-track or off-track on this quarter’s technology initiatives. Off-track rocks are added to the issues list.
- Headlines: Your opportunity to add items to the issues list and share specific wins with your clients.
- To Do List: Review what has been completed since our last Technology Strategy meeting. Off-track To Do items may be added to the Issues List.
- Identify, Discuss, Solve: The bulk of the meeting is spent identifying, discussing, and solving issues on the Issues List. The most common resolution to an issue is to establish a To Do.
- Conclude: Recap the To Do list and rate the meeting on a scale of 1-10. This is where the “Level 10” comes from. If you can’t rate the meeting an 8 or greater, be prepared to explain why.
Dan Moshe helps business owners in the Minneapolis area with all things tech, and is the CEO of the Caring IT company Tech Guru. He cares about your business as much as you do!