At Tech Guru, we love telling clients about things (apps, software, services, gadgets) that will make their lives easier. Our “endorsements” always come from firsthand experience. That’s the case with Dropbox, a free service that enables you to access all of your saved stuff via all of your devices. Dropbox also makes it super easy to share files, even huge ones, with others.
Here’s how Tech Guru founder Dan Moshe uses Dropbox to be more productive every day in every aspect of his life, whether it’s business, volunteering, or managing family time:
- When I’m in a meeting with a strategic partner or clients, I can quickly pull up a document related to their Tech Guru account from any of my devices: my smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Files are always in sync. If I want to send one of those files to whomever I’m meeting with, I simply use the Dropbox app. So fast and easy. This is especially helpful when I’m traveling!
- I can share files that are too large to email by generating a link within Dropbox and just sending that link.
- If I accidentally overwrite or delete a file, I log into Dropbox and can quickly revert to a previous version or un-delete the file.
- I can share entire project folders with a team of people. As soon as any member of the team updates a version of a file and saves it to Dropbox, it’s automatically updated in my Dropbox folder. Slick! I can also give permission for team members to share the folder with others.
- When I move from one computer to another, grabbing files is as easy as installing Dropbox. My files are synchronized on the new computer in no time. If my computer ever needed to be serviced, I could simply log into Dropbox from another computer or device to access all my files.
It’s easy to get started with Dropbox, and a 2GB account is free. Simply install Dropbox and start benefiting from this smart and enormously helpful service!
Dan Moshe helps business owners in the Minneapolis area with all things tech, and is the CEO of the Caring IT company Tech Guru. He cares about your business as much as you do!